What we would like you to do:
– Own proactive lead generation to search for relevant companies and contacts to develop a healthy pipeline of prospective clients.
– Organise and conduct market and media research and support with the development of proposals, including case study collation and design.
– Liaise with account teams to gain insight for use in creating proposal documents to showcase Whiteoaks’ expertise.
– Update and maintain prospective client information on the CRM system and extract data to support the Head of Business Development in proactive re-engagement of prospects and clients.
– Work closely with the company’s Senior Marketing Executive to create, write and upload marketing content and campaigns to Whiteoaks and Whiteoaks’ CEO social media sites.
– Track and engage prospects to provide insight to the Head of Business Development.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
– At least one years’ professional experience in a similar role.
– Experience of working in a fast paced, target driven environment and are results orientated.
– High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
– Proficiency with office apps such as Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
– Previous experience of HubSpot or other CRM systems is desirable but not essential.
About Whiteoaks International:
At Whiteoaks, we provide a complete range of PR, digital and content services to technology clients in the retail, fintech, enterprise IT and security industries, to name just a few. We guarantee better results from our clients’ tech PR investment.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we offer 24 days paid leave each year, with the option to buy or sell up to five days, 4% company pension contributions, flexible working, a range of salary sacrifice schemes and access to a variety of high-street discounts. When we return to the office, we will be restocking our fridge with soft drinks, refilling our coffee machine and restarting our weekly deliveries of fresh fruit and croissants!
We are currently working remotely, and we intend to remain that way until social distancing measures are withdrawn in the UK. When we return to the office, we will take the best bits of remote working but also foster face to face collaboration, with the intention that you will be in the office for a minimum of 60% of your working week.