What we would like you to do:
– Create strategic and compelling social media programmes for clients
– Consult with clients to provide expert opinion and advice across the social spectrum
– Oversee the execution of paid social efforts to ensure campaigns deliver desired results
– Implement reporting and evaluation best practices to showcase performance against agreed KPIs
– Deliver strategic insights and actionable recommendations to improve and accelerate campaign performance
– Supports the development and execution of the agency’s digital and social strategy to drive client satisfaction and revenue
– Continuously monitor social media developments to capitalise on new and emerging trends and technologies
We would like to hear from you if you have:
– Previous experience of working within a creative agency, across multiple clients or brands
– Ability to translate corporate aims and objectives into relevant and creative social media campaigns
– Strong understanding and experience of executing B2B paid social media campaigns
– Ability to write good, clear copy with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
– Wider knowledge and understanding of how key digital and marketing communication methods integrate
– Previous experience of using Sprout Social or equivalent to schedule and plan content and using other publishing or reporting tools such as Google Analytics, HubSpot and Business Manager
About Whiteoaks International:
At Whiteoaks, we provide a complete range of PR, digital and content services to technology clients in the retail, fintech, enterprise IT and security industries, to name just a few. We guarantee better results from our clients’ tech PR investment.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we offer 24 days paid leave each year, with the option to buy or sell up to five days, 4% company pension contributions, flexible working, a range of salary sacrifice schemes and access to a variety of high-street discounts. When we return to the office, we will be restocking our fridge with soft drinks, refilling our coffee machine and restarting our weekly deliveries of fresh fruit and croissants!
We are currently working remotely, and we intend to remain that way until social distancing measures are withdrawn in the UK. When we return to the office, we will take the best bits of remote working but also foster face to face collaboration, with the intention that you will be in the office for a minimum of 60% of your working week.