Media relations forms the core of any successful PR programme. It’s the perfect way to communicate your carefully crafted story to the world, engage with customers, and reach other stakeholders.
At its heart is the media interview.
As a spokesperson, your job is to tell a compelling story. The journalist’s job is to tell a compelling story. Our objective is to ensure you’re both telling the same story.
We offer a full day interactive media training course to get you comfortable and confident when dealing with journalists.
The course covers:
- The role, value and benefit of media relations – getting your return on investment, the value of editorial coverage versus advertising, and how to get the best out of the message
- Getting the ‘win-win’ – different media agendas, why positioning is important and what a ‘win-win’ looks like for you
- The importance of preparation – key elements such as the power of perception and staying on track during the interview
- Tools and tricks of the trade – the power of establishing control relationships, bridging strategies, media moves and ploys, spokesperson moves and closing effectively
- A wider look – the types of media interviews and an interactive Q&A session
We welcome the chance to chat about your media training needs and how we can help your spokespeople.
To find out more, fill in the form and we’ll be in touch.