- What’s your career background, in brief?
Until now, I’ve always worked in-house for large B2B technology companies. I started my career in PR and social media, but from an early stage I knew digital and social media was where I wanted to be, so I carved out my career in that direction. After nearly seven years of working client-side I’m really enjoying agency life.
- What’s the most challenging job you’ve ever had?
Outside of my working week, I also work in property development. The hardest weekend of work I have ever done was when the Beast from the East met — ironically — Storm Emma, causing the worst weather in the UK for 10 years. I was working on a property with no central heating, or windows! To say it was freezing … is an understatement!
- What apps, technology items and gadgets can’t you live without?
I most certainly couldn’t live without Instagram or, my guilty pleasure, the Daily Mail. I secretly love a bit of celebrity gossip. Although, we all do… right?
- What’s the best advice you’ve been given?
Live for the moment! Never think ‘if’, ‘what’, ‘but’, just go for it.
- Name one thing about your job that gives you a sense of satisfaction or makes you leave the office smiling…
Two things: successfully trying something new and being part of our internal Social Club. The digital landscape is so fast paced, so when you nail something new, that’s exciting and rewarding. All of the social media experts at Whiteoaks International belong to ‘The Social Club’ and part of what we do includes sharing new tactics and performance – it’s great for keeping creative ideas fresh.
- Do you personalise your workspace?
I currently don’t. But if I did, it would be covered with glitter and flamingo inflatables.
- What’s the first thing you do in the office in the morning?
First thing in the morning at home, I switch Radio 1 on, and as soon as I arrive at the office, it’s coffee!
- What are you reading, watching or listening to at the moment?
A great TV programme that’s just started again is No Offence on Channel 4. It’s a fab witty drama that will fill your Thursday evenings. I would give it a solid 10 out of 10 rating.