By Lauren Phillipou, Junior Account Executive
- What’s your career background, in brief?
After graduating Cardiff University with a BA in Journalism, I did an internship with a radio PR agency in North London for a few months. Then I decided it was probably the perfect time to shoot off travelling for a bit, so I did a ski season in St Anton, Austria, before starting my role at Whiteoaks.
- What’s the most challenging job you’ve ever had?
Probably my job of selling Jägerbombs while I was at university! It may seem simple, but trying to navigate through crowds and dancefloors of nightclubs with a tray of 15 shots was no easy feat…
- What apps, technology items and gadgets can’t you live without?
I couldn’t live without my iPhone. Twitter is my favourite app, mainly for the funny videos.
- What’s the best advice you’ve been given? (life or career advice)
I can’t think of a specific piece of advice, but I think Forrest Gump sums it up relatively well with “life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get”.
- Name one thing about your job that gives you a sense of satisfaction or makes you leave the office smiling…
Having a good laugh with my team.
- Do you personalise your workspace?
Not intentionally, but yes… I came into work wearing a sloth onesie for a charity fundraising day and since then I haven’t been able to live it down, so for my Secret Santa gift I was given a load of sloth merchandise, which is now on my desk. I also currently have a mini Christmas tree because why not, it’s nearly Christmas!
- What’s the first thing you do in the office in the morning?
Seek out the coffee – I can barely function otherwise.
- What are you reading, watching or listening to at the moment?
I’m watching the new series of Masterchef: The Professionals and RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars 4. I’m a big fan of Drag Race – I spend most of my down-time re-watching episodes of that and Brooklyn 99 on repeat.