Clearwater Technology is a water treatment provider servicing multiple sectors across the UK and Ireland. Founded in 1990, the business has quickly become one of the largest providers of water treatment, hygiene and air solutions, servicing major brands, public sector organisations and private businesses.
Following a rebrand in 2017, Clearwater enlisted Whiteoaks to build brand awareness and consideration across the wide range of sectors it services, as well as support its aspirations for growth.
With Clearwater’s team of engineers, salespeople and marketers an untapped resource, Whiteoaks ran sessions to gather insights into water treatment challenges and opportunities, as well as to gain expertise on Clearwater’s services and solutions. As the impact of increased brand awareness was shown in Clearwater, the size and scope of Whiteoaks’ role grew to include:
- A content-centric approach, with thought-leadership articles for top tier trade titles, eBooks, PR support for product launches and website content to highlight Clearwater’s expertise in different verticals;
- Media briefings to secure coverage and build relationships with journalists;
- Marketing and sales collateral to generate leads;
- Regular social media campaigns with key messaging to amplify thought leadership content. Efforts either increased brand awareness through LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook or included strong calls to action to Clearwater’s website; and
- Event support to maximise Clearwater’s presence at trade shows and exhibitions.
The Whiteoaks team also focused on Clearwater’s leadership in risk mitigation of Legionella disease, a key consideration for its target audiences. In addition, Whiteoaks provided event resource and additional support for the launch of Clearwater’s Technical Training Academy, with press releases and website content, a media tour and briefings with attending journalists
The campaign results for Clearwater spanned media relations, digital and lead generation, with the firm’s share of voice trebling in comparison to its direct competitors.
Other campaign highlights included:
- More than 100 pieces of coverage in target media, including regional and top tier trade titles in the food and beverage, hospitality, facilities management and care home sectors
- Increased web traffic from social activities with targeted call-to-action messages were generated by social platforms: LinkedIn (55%), Facebook (31%) and Twitter (14%)
- Clearwater won a major soft drinks client through trade show facilitation by Whiteoaks.
“The PR and social media activity that Whiteoaks creates is totally integrated with our general marketing activity; they really support us with the campaigns. The work has met all the objectives that we’d set at the beginning.”
Ian Adams, Head of Marketing at Clearwater Technology